Are you a full-stack software engineer who enjoys challenges, working with the latest technologies, and seeing your impact on trending products and devices? If you’re skilled in coding for both the front end and back end, Cardinal Peak is looking for full-stack developers to solve the numerous challenges that come with building applications for the rapidly evolving technical stack.
As a full-stack software developer at Cardinal Peak, you’ll engineer innovative solutions with some of the largest names in technology, healthcare, media and more. Through your everyday work, you’ll directly impact real-world products. You’ll grow your skills working directly with clients across industries and collaborating with top engineering talent — all while maintaining a healthy work-life balance.
Apply now to join our diverse team of talented problem-solvers! We’re always seeking hard-working and skillful full-stack engineers, so please submit your resume.
What Does a Full-Stack Software Engineer Do?
Full-stack software developers at Cardinal Peak collaborate with our clients, partners and development team colleagues in a fast-paced, project-based environment to help bring innovations to market.
- One day you might add new functionality to a single page web application written in React, Angular or Vue, connected to a cloud-native back-end running on a serverless event-driven architecture.
- Or develop a data processing pipeline using container technologies, deployed seamlessly using infrastructure-as-code and an automated build system.
- Or write logic to manage thousands of internet of things (IoT) devices, and to process their data at the edge using machine learning algorithms, the results being viewed through dedicated Android and iOS mobile apps.
Our full-stack engineers work on product development for an array of technologies and industries — bringing our clients’ ideas to life.
Full-Stack Developer Responsibilities
As a full-stack software engineer, you’ll work with clients to deliver cutting-edge solutions and products to market — while maintaining a healthy and realistic work-life balance in Colorado or remotely.
- Implement back-end and front-end software solutions using state-of-the-art technologies, engineering innovative products for partners and customers. As an expert consultant, you’ll have a high personal impact on the real-world products that our clients bring to market.
- Work closely with other highly skilled “A” players on the cloud development team and alongside electrical and embedded software engineering teams. Grow your skills working across industries with the latest technologies. As a consultant, you’ll solve clients’ major challenges and work on the most recent innovations.
- Collaborate with internal teams and external stakeholders using agile practices for the best outcome and continuous improvement. Share best practices for both web and app development, encouraging customer teams to adopt them. As an expert, you’ll have a higher level of trust and respect working directly with clients to suggest and implement solutions.
The Essential Full-Stack Engineer Skills and Experiences
The best full-stack software engineers are highly skilled in web, application and software development and visualize the big picture to ensure a high-quality user experience and practical functionality in the real world. From project management to the implementation of a website or application, full-stack software developers are master multitaskers who work with a range of technologies and programming languages to build the software solutions of the future.
Desired skill sets include:
- Strong software development skills and experience in software engineering (OOAD, reusability, modularity and maintainability)
- Familiarity building applications using AWS including an understanding of the core AWS services, basic architecture best practices and the use of containers.
- Hands-on web development experience (HTML, CSS, JSON)
- Knowledge of modern front-end frameworks (React, Angular, Vue)
- Knowledge of WebSockets and other client-server communication technologies
- Cross-platform development experience
- Problem-solving and communication skills
- Desire to learn and participate in a team environment
Nice-To-Have Skills and Experiences
- Hands-on experience writing front-end applications in React, Angular or Vue
- Hands-on experience in back-end server development in Python
- Mobile (iOS, Android) application development experience
- Experience with DevOps and designing highly scalable AWS solutions
Even if you don’t meet every bullet here, please consider applying anyway! Cardinal Peak is committed to educational advancement and invests frequently in our team members’ growth.
Why Work For Cardinal Peak?
We’re large enough to work on challenging projects with Fortune 100 companies but small enough to provide you with flexibility and balance. We value diversity and unique opportunities to be both challenged and rewarded.
Cardinal Peak is a 20-year-old, 120-plus person product engineering company with more than 800 successful projects. We are committed to providing an unmatched work-life balance and offer robust benefits to keep our diverse and inclusive teams happy and healthy.
Providing end-to-end design services for connected product development, our full-stack engineers help clients ranging from startups to Fortune 100 organizations launch best-in-class solutions. Our fast-paced, project-based work environment empowers engineers with the freedom to work with multiple layers of technology while collaborating with skillful, like-minded teammates and a variety of clients across industries.