As an end-to-end product design firm and Qualcomm Advantage Network member, Cardinal Peak develops audio products for clients that integrate Qualcomm parts for both consumer and automotive markets. Our robust engineering team has extensive experience with Qualcomm’s entire audio line.
Today’s audio space continues to expand the ways that end users can access audio content, from active noise control (ANC) headphones and truly wireless earbuds to smart speakers and full-featured automotive audio experiences. While form factors are proliferating, we see commonalities in our customer’s needs, such as wireless operation, wireless synchronization, the addition of voice assistants, noise cancellation and customized tuning capability. We have successfully supported dozens of A/V product designs with a wide variety of differentiating end-user features.
Qualcomm Audio Product Designs
While Qualcomm components can help your brand create differentiated products in terms of performance, features and cost, if you are not a tier-one audio company, Qualcomm provides minimal design support. As a Qualcomm design partner and Advantage Network member, we fill the gap by providing the deep expertise necessary to get your product to market. We have helped many clients integrate Qualcomm Bluetooth audio and Snapdragon parts into their unique products. Recent projects include:
- Qualcomm CSR8675 SoC, Low Power Audio Headset Chipset: Helping a lifestyle product client develop its Bluetooth headphones utilizing new immersive experience-enhancing technology and working with its manufacturing partner to ensure successful shipping of the product.
- Qualcomm Audio SoCs CSR8670 CSR8675, QCC5120, QCC5121, QCC5127: Supporting a large audio client with building its entire product line in both consumer and pro audio spaces across three generations of Qualcomm Bluetooth chips, including integration with external components and leading-edge new applications and form factors.
- Qualcomm QCC5126 SoC, Low Power Bluetooth Audio: Assisting a large audio company with using the digital signal processing (DSP) capabilities in Qualcomm parts.
- Qualcomm SoCs QCC3020, QCC3046, QCC5125, QCC5127, QCC5041: Working with multiple startups to integrate state-of-the-art neural net and DSP capabilities with Qualcomm technologies and products.
- Qualcomm Snapdragon 602A Automotive Platform and Snapdragon SA8155: Configured, built and established the development environment for the SA8155 SoC to include the QNX Hypervisor software and the AMS Audio Framework to be able to execute audio processing features on the mDSP Hexagon core. Implemented, integrated, profiled and optimized audio processing algorithms on the mDSP and demonstrated performance goals, which included utilizing the AMS audio framework, CAPIv2 modules and multithreading.
We develop many automotive and consumer audio products. Additionally, as an Alexa Voice Services design partner, we have deep skills in adding voice to products, plus our deep audio experience helps us implement noise- and echo-cancellation algorithms to further enhance your product.
Case Studies Featuring Qualcomm Components
As a top Qualcomm design partner, Cardinal Peak integrates Qualcomm audio parts for multiple markets. If you’re looking for support, contact us.
About Cardinal Peak’s Product Design Services
Cardinal Peak accelerates your product development with end-to-end design services for connected audio devices. A leading product engineering firm, Cardinal Peak leverages deep experience in hardware, embedded software, cloud, mobile end-user applications and quality assurance to develop connected IoT products in multiple markets, including audio, video, security and medical.
- Product Ideation: Developing differentiated products that disrupt markets
- IoT: Designing products that integrate with mobile applications and cloud systems
- Audio, Video & Mixed Reality: Unparalleled strength in media processing
- Voice: Experts at embedding voice processing capabilities in connected devices
- QA: From black box testing to test automation and manufacturing support
Bluetooth Audio Design Related Articles
With a growing list of use cases calling for active noise cancellation technology, selecting the right solution for your product can be challenging. Our expert explains how to determine which ANC option is best for your product.
Cardinal Peak and deep learning chip technology company, Syntiant, announce a collaboration focusing on innovative end-to-end audio and voice product design.
Bluetooth Audio Product Design FAQs
What is Bluetooth Dual-Mode?
The two modes of Bluetooth include Bluetooth Classic, with its BR/EDR (basic rate/enhanced data rate), and Bluetooth LE (Low Energy). A dual-mode Bluetooth radio supports both types of Bluetooth, and most smartphones now have dual-mode Bluetooth chipsets.
What is Bluetooth Low Energy or Bluetooth LE?
Bluetooth LE’s hallmark feature is lower energy consumption. This made it the ideal choice for battery-powered IoT devices. Bluetooth LE also affords more flexibility than Bluetooth Classic. Bluetooth LE supports a range of communication topologies, including: 1) point-to-point, 2) broadcast and 3) mesh. Bluetooth LE can be used as a device positioning technology for high-accuracy indoor location services and direction finding.
What is LE Audio?
LE Audio is Bluetooth Low Energy Audio. The “Low Energy” moniker is the hallmark feature of LE Audio. For comparable audio quality, LE Audio will consume around half the energy. Using comparable power, LE Audio can provide much higher audio fidelity.
Audio Product Design Resources
Cardinal Peak is a leading audio product design company, helping clients bring new audio products to market quickly. From pro audio applications with the highest levels of fidelity and lowest latency to consumer A/V product design, we do it all.