Connectivity is essential in our digital world. Amazon Sidewalk offers an innovative approach to building a ubiquitous network for the Internet of Things. Learn more from our expert in this blog post recapping a recent Silicon Labs panel discussion.
We presented our experience with AWS IoT ExpressLink at this year’s AWS re:Invent event in Las Vegas. AWS ExpressLink can transform your legacy device into an IoT-connected device — with minimal design effort!
Recently quoted in an Amazon blog post announcing ExpressLink’s general availability, one of our embedded engineers put together this overview of the new AWS IoT offering, highlighting what AWS ExpressLink is, how it works, its advantages and disadvantages, and various use cases.
Amazon Sidewalk is here… finally. What does that mean for IoT users? Our engineering expert delves into the shared network, highlighting its benefits and discussing what’s next for our increasingly connected world.
Despite the cloud’s growth, organizations still struggle to select and assign the right resources to a cloud application. Our expert discusses cloud optimization, offering two specific examples – how you might build a web app or service and how to leverage cloud storage.
It used to be that storing and retrieving vast amounts of video data was quite challenging. Now, Amazon Kinesis Video offers capabilities to cost-effectively process streaming data at any scale, completely simplifying video and audio data storage.
While generic IoT platforms sound like a great idea, the problem is these “one-size-fits-all” platforms tend to only deliver about 60% of a typical IoT solution. By the time the remaining 40% of the problem is solved and productized, the solution has actually evolved to a bespoke application for that customer.
Thanks to infrastructure as code (IaC) tools like Terraform, sysadmins and other IT pros are able to manage and provision their IT infrastructure through text files that look like code, rather than physical hardware configuration or interactive configuration tools.
What began as a project rooted in paranoia that my basement would flood evolved first into a lunch-and-learn I hosted for Cardinal Peak employees. During my initial presentation, I focused on Amazon Web Services’ “internet of things” (AWS IoT) services and how I created “SumPy,” an AWS IoT-driven sump pump monitor and alert system.
Amazon Web Services’ re:Invent is a massive and fast-growing event. Estimates for this year’s attendance range between 40,000 and 50,000 people, and it was sold out nearly two weeks before the first day. This year there are over 1000 breakout sessions covering a dozen or more tracks, as well as workshops, certification classes, hands-on labs,… View Article