SDET Careers at Cardinal Peak
Are you a software test engineer who enjoys challenges, working with the latest technologies, and directly impacting the quality of trending products? If you’re skilled in test automation and software development, Cardinal Peak is looking for Software Development Engineers in Test (SDETs) to support our clients’ innovative products and solutions.
As an SDET at Cardinal Peak, you’ll test innovative solutions with some of the largest names in technology, healthcare, media and more. Through your everyday work, you’ll directly impact the quality of real-world products. You’ll grow your skills working directly with clients across industries and collaborating with top engineering talent — all while maintaining a healthy work-life balance.
Apply now to join our diverse team of talented problem-solvers! We’re always seeking hard-working and skilled SDETs, so please submit your resume.
What Does a Software Development Engineer in Test Do?
What It’s Like To Be a Cardinal Peak SDET Engineer
SDETs at Cardinal Peak collaborate with our clients, partners and development team colleagues in a fast-paced, project-based environment to help bring innovations to market. In this SDET testing position, your day may look like:
- Developing and executing test plans and test cases across the entire software development cycle using a variety of tools including Raspberry Pi, Linux, Windows, Mac, Python scripts, virtual machines, etc. Performing regression testing. Automating tests for repeatability and efficiency. Setting up automation tools for CI/CD.
- Reviewing technical specifications and design documents. Interviewing clients to understand what the product is supposed to do. Analyzing and adding necessary detail to product requirements and specifications in order to determine a thorough test plan.
- Evaluating newly integrated features. Collaborating with developers, testers, managers, clients and partners. QA follows development and maintenance sprints and works closely with developers.
- Continuing education: as projects and technologies change, learn new IoT devices and communication protocols.
At Cardinal Peak, our quality assurance team makes up about 20% of our staff and is committed to engineering excellence into every product we develop. We provide engineering services to design connected products, health care devices and smart home gadgets, audio/video systems, cloud projects or enterprise security solutions. This varied expertise ensures you’ll work on many different kinds of projects and different facets that will help build your skill set and expertise.
The focus is to ensure the best user experience, to find the issues so the users never do. Our clients’ reputations are judged by the quality of the products they launch. They depend on us to deliver quality engineering and added insights into how their products can be improved. Our software test engineers work on product development for an array of technologies and industries — bringing our clients’ ideas to life.
Software Development Engineer in Test Responsibilities
As an SDET, you’ll work with clients to deliver cutting-edge solutions and products to market — while maintaining a healthy and realistic work-life balance in Colorado or remotely.
- Develop and execute tests across the software development cycle. As an expert consultant, you’ll have a high personal impact on the real-world products that our clients bring to market.
- Work closely with other highly skilled “A” players on the Quality Assurance team and alongside cloud, electrical and embedded software engineering teams. Grow your skills working across industries with the latest technologies. As a consultant, you’ll solve clients’ major challenges and work on the most recent innovations.
- Collaborate with internal teams and external stakeholders using agile practices for the best outcome and continuous improvement. Share best practices for testing and software development, encouraging customer teams to adopt them. As an expert, you’ll have a higher level of trust and respect working directly with clients to suggest and implement solutions.
The Essential Software Test Engineer Skills and Experiences
Desired software test engineer competencies include:
- Meticulous attention to detail in test execution
- Practical knowledge of Jira or another issue-tracking project management software tool
Nice-To-Have Skills and Experiences
- Comfortability accomplishing basic tasks from a Linux-style command line interface
- Familiarity with API testing tools (Postman, Katalon Studio, etc.)
- Strong written and verbal communication abilities
Even if you don’t meet every bullet here, please consider applying anyway! Cardinal Peak is committed to educational advancement and invests frequently in our team members’ growth.
Learn more about our company and values on our careers page and see our current open positions to submit your resume.
Why Cardinal Peak?
We’re large enough to work on challenging projects with Fortune 100 companies but small enough to provide you with flexibility and balance. We value diversity and unique opportunities to be both challenged and rewarded.
Cardinal Peak is a 20-year-old, 120-plus person product engineering company with more than 800 successful projects. We are committed to providing an unmatched work-life balance and offer robust benefits to keep our diverse and inclusive teams happy and healthy.
Providing end-to-end design services for connected product development, our full-stack engineers help clients ranging from startups to Fortune 100 organizations launch best-in-class solutions. Our fast-paced, project-based work environment empowers engineers with the freedom to work with multiple layers of technology while collaborating with skillful, like-minded teammates and a variety of clients across industries.